Tehilim1

Tehilim1
Hold On To The Written Torah

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Through Water & Fire


I have discussed trust, faith and encouragement in my previous posts and as I've posted about these subjects I've found that I have only scratched the surface of each one. So in this post I would like to encourage you to look deeper into the One who we should put our trust and faith in.
As you read the following passage, take it in and make it personal.
Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 43 1-5 But now, thus says Yahweh, who created you, O Yaakov, And He who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am Yahweh your Elohim, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in your place. Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honored, And I have loved you; Therefore I will give men for you, And people for your life. Fear not, for I am with you.”
Now that we have this encouragement, we can have confidence that when we are faced with the rising waters of anxiety we will not be swept away into the abyss of despair. When the fire of fear is lit within us we can know that we will not get scorched if we put our trust in Yahweh. It is an amazing thing to be told that Yahweh has called us by our name. This tells me that He has placed us here on His planet for a purpose. Even when that purpose doesn't seem clear or even apparent, we can have confidence that Yahweh will bring us out of the water and the fire of hopelessness.
I have made metaphoric references to the water and fire in this passage, but I’m well aware that these are physical promises as well. There is a great account of three men who endured a very hot fire and came out of it without even the smell of fire upon them. The account is in Daniel 3. Now please bear in mind that when we read these accounts that they were to prove out the faith of the individuals. I’m in no way suggesting we go out and do anything that would put us at risk. If you notice all of the accounts of water and fire are faith related to show the sovereignty of Yahweh.
So look up to The Holy One of Israel, your Savior and be strong and courageous in the face of great trials.  

No comments:

Post a Comment