Tehilim1

Tehilim1
Hold On To The Written Torah

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

In whom do we place our trust?


When we are faced with dire circumstances we often find ourselves asking “who can we trust?” “Who will save me?” Let’s think about the word trust for a moment. The English definition offers us this; a person on whom or something on which a person relies. This definition gives us a clear choice on where we can place our trust; we place it on someone or something.
A Hebrew definition offers us this; חָסָה Chasah from (Shamuel Bet (2 Samuel) 3) to seek refuge, flee for protection and to put trust in, confide or hope in. With the Hebrew definition we are given the impression that we are seeking refuge and hope.
Look at what David said in Shamuel Bet (2 Samuel) 2-4 and he said: “Yahweh is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The Elohim of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me from violence. I will call upon Yahweh, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.”
So with this very powerful statement we are encouraged by David to place our trust in Yahweh Elohim. So when we are faced with fear and doubt we can trust that when we call upon Yahweh He will hear us and save us from our enemies!
What or who are our enemies you may ask? For this post I’m going to suggest that we think of fear and doubt as our enemies. I have found that when we are faced with a dire situation fear shows up almost instantly and the feelings of anxiety and doubt begin to creep into the front of our minds. This, as I have said before, is usually because we were told certain negative things in our past that cause us to have a negative reaction to the event that is currently happening to us.
What then can we do to combat these real feelings? I would suggest that we first be honest and admit that we have them and then move into a trust position right away. This is not an easy task to accomplish at first, but as we place our trust in Yahweh, as David did we will find it easier each time an uncertain incident comes forth.
Remember the key statement of the passage David wrote; “Yahweh is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The Elohim of my strength, in whom I will trust.”
May you be blessed and encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment