Tehilim1

Tehilim1
Hold On To The Written Torah

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Light to my Path


NUN
Tehillim (Psalms) 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

In this portion of Tehillim (Psalms) 119 we see that a word can give us light and help us to see our way upon our path. This is an important thought when we think about the words we say to ourselves. Upon occasion I feel myself slipping into the darkness of self doubt and anxiety. Even with my positive self talk in place, circumstances can creep in and I find myself wandering down a dimly lit path.
I have found that most of us tend to focus on the unfortunate circumstance that has befallen us instead of remembering the positive words that Yahweh has spoken about us. I occasionally find myself in this position and let myself journey down the path with very dim lighting. So what do we do when we are stumbling and bumping into doubt and anxiety? Turn on the lamp! Shine the light of the Word of Yahweh Elohim upon the uncertainty of our current situation! We need to hold fast to the promises that Yahweh has made to us His chosen people and remember to say encouraging words to ourselves.
If we are having difficulty coming up with encouraging words to say to ourselves then we should look to some place that has encouraging words already put into place. An excellent source for encouragement is Tehillim. The reason it is so full of encouragement is because King David followed the Mitzvah (Commandment) in Devarim (Deuteronomy) 17:18-20 that commands any King of Yisrael to write a copy of the Torah and to study it all of his days. So in reality all of David’s encouragement came from the Torah. Therefore we too can trust that the Word of Yahweh is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.
I keep this encouragement with me as I journey along my path so that when things seem dark ahead of me I can shine the true light of Yahweh’s Word on my path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment