Tehilim1

Tehilim1
Hold On To The Written Torah

Friday, September 14, 2012

Lean not on your own Understanding


Try not to lean on your own understanding when it comes to your perceived self image. Consider what Shlomo (Solomon) said in Proverbs 3:5 Trust in Yahweh with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
So what does it mean to lean on our own understanding? I believe that the proverb is referring to how we perceive ourselves based on how we were spoken to as we grew from childhood to an adult state. So let’s say that we were constantly told negative and hurtful words. It would stand to reason that your own understanding would be a direct response to those negative thoughts and feelings. Therefore the Proverb is encouraging us to trust in Yahweh and to change our understanding to reflect how Yahweh perceives us.
Remember Yahweh considers His people to be a “special treasure” so if you consider yourself to be among Yahweh’s chosen people you need to change your negative understanding of yourself. As I’ve gone through my life journey I have come to realize that I must strengthen my resolve that as I have “special treasure” status I need to stop looking at my present situation to shape my view of myself and focus on the place that Yahweh has put me in. This place is a secure and peaceful one where I can enjoy the support of Yahweh’s grace and mercy. 
So as I go out into the world I need to hold fast to the words that Yahweh has spoken of me. This is to give me confidence that I can stand up to the doubt vendors that try to sell me on the idea that I’m less then what Yahweh has spoken of me.       

No comments:

Post a Comment