Tehilim1

Tehilim1
Hold On To The Written Torah

Monday, November 19, 2012

Seeking Every Good Path


I have heard and have been told that life is a journey and that a person needs to find their own path. If that is the case then how do we find our own path? The statement, “find your own path”, seems to be a bit misleading since we as individuals tend to pick things up as we grow in knowledge and understanding. It appears to me that it is probably someone else who sets us out on our first path. I have come to somewhat of an understanding that when left alone humans tend to make their own paths difficult and sometimes very depressing.
As I’ve stated before we tend to be a product of the words and actions that were thrust upon us as we were starting out on this planet. So what I’ve done is first I dealt with the reality that there have been some pretty nasty things that were said and done to me in my early years. So, after dealing with that knowledge, I accepted these wretched things as being the reality that was given to me. I then decided, with help from a trusted friend, that I could actually change the way I view myself despite all of the torment from my past experiences.
When we look at our lives as being on a path, we need to understand that we may not be on the best path to help us on our life journey. Therefore we need to seek out a good path to walk upon. Look at what Shlomo said in Mishlei (Proverbs):   
Mishlei 2:6-9 For Yahweh gives wisdom; From His mouth comes knowledge and understanding; He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly; He guards the paths of justice, and preserves the way of His saints. Then you will understand righteousness and justice, equity and every good path.
This to me is great news!! It is wonderful to be reminded that Yahweh is the giver of wisdom, knowledge and understanding. With this in mind, we can know that when we chose Yahweh’s path it is the right path for our lives.
So set out to find Yahweh’s path and know that when you seek Him, He will reveal Himself to you and show you His good path.


No comments:

Post a Comment